Monday, January 12, 2009

ENTJ

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality test that I recently took. Today at the readiness evaluation retreat with MTW (Mission to the World) I found out my results. I am what is called an ENTJ. This is helpful to know so I can understand my strengths and weaknesses, especially as I work with a team in ministry. Tonight during our prayer and worship time I was overcome with the thought that I should not become a navel-gazer and prayed for God to search me and know me and for Him to reveal to me my faults. Before going to bed, I finally got to read today's entry in "My Utmost for His Highest." God must be trying to make a point. I quote: "We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves." Yes, I read that right after I studied a book that gives a complete explanation of my "type" and was verbally agreeing that it really had me pegged. Another line in Oswald Chambers book, "We can only be used by God after we allow Him to show us the deep, hidden areas of our character." That's what I had prayed!!! I just love how God orchestrates all things together for my good. Praise Him.

No comments: